Re: [jaxrs-dev] [Discuss] Initial Roadmap / Preliminary Release Schedule

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 4:09 PM Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <santiago.pericasgeertsen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 I think Java 8 compatibility is the crux of this discussion. Is that still important? I think JAX-RS 3.0 would be the right time to drop Java 8 compatibility in preparation for future work.

— Santiago

At around the time Jakarta EE 9 would likely come out (although it's hard to speculate about that date), wouldn't we be around the next LTS version (Java 17)?

Back to the top