Re: [jaxrs-dev] [Discuss] Initial Roadmap / Preliminary Release Schedule

JPMS support and Java 11 support are somewhat separate issues. Generally I don't think there are any API changes to consume for JAX-RS from Java 10 or Java 11. It is really just a matter of compatibility testing, which is not that big a deal.

Personally I think JPMS support for JAX-RS alone is a relatively minor feature. I imagine most implementations won't have much trouble doing this and perhaps JAX-RS alone supporting JPMS is not that interesting to users either.

-------- Original message --------
From: Markus KARG <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 7/28/18 5:59 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: 'jaxrs developer discussions' <jaxrs-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jaxrs-dev] [Discuss] Initial Roadmap / Preliminary Release Schedule

Committers,

thanks for sharing your ideas!

I have tried to add most of it into an updated preliminary schedule:

LINK

Please be so kind and check this new plan. It now contains more releases in the same time frame so I could add more of your requested features. Now before we can vote on it, we need another round of feedback. In particular, the following questions arise:

- From a purely formal standpoint, can we do JPMS and Java 9 in a minor version increase or does that enforce a major version increase?

- Do we really only want Java 9 in 2019, or shall we directly jump on Java 11 in half a year from now?

Thanks for your feedback!

-Markus