[jaxrs-dev] Commiters: Please mark ESSENTIAL items for inclusion in Jakarta EE 8

Commiters,

work on Jakarte EE 8 is in progress and as you know the PMC asked all subprojects to provide a release with a feature set resembling Java EE 8 plus critical fixes.

For our project, this means to release JAX-RS 2.1.1 rather soon, so we need to know what is missing as of today. Santiago is already working on the TCK and I have set up a nightly build infrastructure, so everybody with a bit of free time is invited to participate:

I'd like to kindly ask all committers to help with the triage, as there are 172 open issues as of now, and it is a lot of work to read and understand all of them just to learn that the issues are possibly not essential. Please check these open issues and if you are convinced that it is a critical bug, please move it to the milestone 2.2.1. And yes, please do that NOW so we have enough time to actually fix them before Jakarte EE 8 is getting published... :-)

Thanks

BTW, certainly everybody -including contributors- is invited to also fix bugs! :-)

Back to the top