Re: [jaxrs-dev] [Discuss] Initial Roadmap / Preliminary Release Schedule

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 6:31 PM, Andy McCright <j.andrew.mccright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For NIO/Reactive, I think there is a lot of buzz around this, but I think the technology is still a bit premature.  I'm still wrapping my head around the ideas of reactive, and others like the MicroProfile group are trying to incubate reactive concepts in a cloud-native environment.  I suspect that as that group continues to make progress, open source implementations will start to form around it and then we can standardize on those implementations.  I want to be cautious and not introduce unproven technology into a spec - and I think that was the argument Markus was making as well.

RESTEasy is embracing reactive a bit lately, you can get an idea reading the project blog (for example [1][2][3]) or its documentation. I'd love to have someone from the team eventually prepare a proposal for extending the spec to cover this, but that's not happening in the very short term, also because yes, some bake time is needed first.

Cheers

--

Alessio Soldano

Associate Manager