From: jaxrs-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jaxrs-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andy McCright
Sent: Dienstag, 24. Juli 2018 18:32
To: jaxrs developer discussions
Subject: Re: [jaxrs-dev] [Discuss] Initial Roadmap / Preliminary Release Schedule

I'll chime in! :)

For JPMS, I think we should probably start some discussions around this, but there is still a lot of assumptions that are unsettled (like whether we can legally use a module name that starts with "javax").  Some of the issues to resolve is whether we want a single large module that encompasses the entire JAX-RS APIs or whether we want to be more fine-grained and allow users to pick and choose - i.e. just the client APIs, or everything-but-SSE, etc.

For NIO/Reactive, I think there is a lot of buzz around this, but I think the technology is still a bit premature.  I'm still wrapping my head around the ideas of reactive, and others like the MicroProfile group are trying to incubate reactive concepts in a cloud-native environment.  I suspect that as that group continues to make progress, open source implementations will start to form around it and then we can standardize on those implementations.  I want to be cautious and not introduce unproven technology into a spec - and I think that was the argument Markus was making as well.

Hope this helps,

Andy