Re: [jaxrs-dev] [VOTE] Committer Conventions

+1

— Santiago

On Apr 30, 2018, at 2:05 PM, Christian Kaltepoth <christian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

+1

Andy McCright <j.andrew.mccright@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Mo., 30. Apr. 2018, 19:42:
+1 - Thanks Markus!

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 12:34 PM, Markus KARG <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Committers,

starting with my posting from March 31st over the past month we discussed the conventions we'd like to follow. Now it is time to formally decide. After that, I will add the text to our project wiki on Github.

The voting is open from now till May 14. Please vote by posting +1, 0, or -1. The conventions are accepted if there are at least three committers voting +1 and zero committers are voting -1, where not posting a vote at all is counted as posting 0. The conventions are rejected in all other cases.

The proposed conventions are:

(1) Minimum Length of review period before merge / close of PRs and closing of Issues

Default review period is two weeks. The assignee of a PR may decide to reduce review period if API is unchanged, but it must never be shorter than one week.

(2) Self-Assigned PRs and Issues

A committer may self-assign and merge / close PRs and Issues opened by himself.

(3) Self-Reviewed PRs and Issues

Due to Github platform restrictions, a committer technically cannot review PRs opened by himself. Due to that, one implied +1 review vote is assumed for all PRs and Issues opened by committers.

(4) Enforcing Github reviews

PR reviews happen using the Github PR Review tool. The platform will technically enforce a minimum of +2, but a PR is assumed to be accepted only when having +3 or more committer votes. Contributor votes are not counted.

-Markus