Re: [jaspic-dev] Add missing generics to API

arjan tijms wrote on 2/4/20 8:34 AM:
Hi,

Jakarta Authentication is currently missing generics in its API. In the Jakarta _expression_ project we've added generics for the Jakarta EE 9 release, as this is a binary compatible change.
Binary compatible is not the same as TCK signature compatible.  Would the EL changes pass the signature test, without the javax -> jakarta change?
I think we should do the same for Jakarta Authentication. See issue: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/authentication/issues/87
If we want to allow any binary compatible signature change, that seems like a decision for the Platform project team.

Back to the top