Re: [january-dev] Newbie using January

Hi Torkild,

I strongly agree with all the points you make. I do not think UI or xtext should be there and geometry only if it is generic and not pulling in eclipse bundles.

I think january is more useful and easier to pick up if it is just doing data operations, numpy-like, perhaps with some improvements to metadata such as has been suggested. I think it could be a hugely successful project if doing just that and most of the serious prospective users are not interested in SWT/jface UI and xtext parts. Some significant possible adopters do not have RCP at all.

I think org.eclipse.january.geometry.* org.eclipse.january.form* belong elsewhere and agree with your observation. In addition Baha was quite vocal on this.

Cheerio,

Matt