[january-dev] IMetadata and synchronization?

Hi Folks,

I've noticed that the impls of the IDataset.addMetadata(T)/getMetadata(Class<T>) methods in in LazyDatasetBase don't have any synchronization. Of course this means that they aren't threadsafe...i.e. one could get NPE or ConcurrentModificationException when accessing metadata via multiple threads.

Should this be considered a problem/bug, or is there some other accepted way for multithreaded access to IDataset metadata? If a bug/limitation let me know and I will open one.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top