Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Initial appclient protocol

On 6/16/24 12:05 AM, Scott Stark via jakartaee-tck-dev wrote:
I have pushed the initial appclient protocol to my jakartaee-tck-tools
fork and created a PR to merge it:

https://github.com/starksm64/jakartaee-tck-tools
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck-tools/pull/37

There is a sample runner for WildFly that uses this appclient protocol
to run the com.sun.ts.tests.ejb30.bb.session.stateless.basic.Client
from the current tckrefactor branch of the platform-tck build of the
jakarta.tck:ejb30 artifact.

The runner repo is:
https://github.com/jakartaredhat/wildfly-ee11-tck-runner

In there you will find a
ejb30.bb.session.stateless.basic.ClientTest.java test, which is a
subclass of the
com.sun.ts.tests.ejb30.bb.session.stateless.basic.Client. The subclass
adds the Arquillian @Deployment method and the @Test annotation to the
overridden test methods.

Generating a subclass like this without modifying the existing tests
may be what Scott Marlow was talking about on the call on Wednesday.

+1

I'm going to fork AddArquillianDeployMethodRecipe into a new recipe GenerateNewTestClassRecipe that will extend the current test classes.

We might want to also look into delegation for the cases that there are multiple test client classes currently (e.g. https://github.com/jakartaee/platform-tck/blob/tckrefactor/jpa/spec-tests/src/main/java/ee/jakarta/tck/persistence/core/StoredProcedureQuery/Client.java extends PMClientBase and https://github.com/jakartaee/platform-tck/blob/tckrefactor/jpa/spec-tests/src/main/java/ee/jakarta/tck/persistence/core/StoredProcedureQuery/Client1.java extends Client as does Client2.java).

Being able to use the existing JavaTest classes without modification
is what I'm looking at doing for the other vehicles.
+1

Ideally the combination of the ant parser code in the
jakartaee-tck-tools in combination with the openrewrite rules will
allows us to generate Aquillian/Junt5 subclasses for all of the EE 10
tests.

Take a look at modifying the wildfly-ee11-tck-runner.git for your
appclient setup and create issues on the jakartaee-tck-tools repo for
any issues with the appclient protocol.

Scott