[jakartaee-tck-dev] Next TCK call will be help on the first Wednesday of this week as planned

We may have Tim te Beek (from OpenRewrite) join us for our call this week on May 1.  Tim and others have been helping us with our TCK automation efforts (as of last week) via https://github.com/openrewrite/rewrite-maven-plugin/issues/776 + the https://rewriteoss.slack.com/archives/C070UMPTE1Z slack room.  I hit a silly newbie issue with rewrite-maven-plugin/issues/776 which Tim helped me get past.

One challenge that I noticed while working on mapping the Jakarta EE 10 test archive layout to our (EE 11) TCK refactor branch is that we have already repackaged some tests to use the ee/jakarta/tck packages which makes sense as we have already started releasing some standalone TCKs (e.g. Persistence) but note that this means we need to have rules for mapping (at least I think that can help which we will try soon).  For example from the following output note that the com.sun.ts.tests.jpa.core.EntityGraph class references need to instead be in package ee.jakarta.tck.persistence.core.EntityGraph:

"
JavaArchive jpa_core_EntityGraph_jar = ShrinkWrap.create(JavaArchive.class, "jpa_core_EntityGraph_jar");
jpa_core_EntityGraph_jar.addClass(com.sun.ts.tests.jpa.core.EntityGraph.Department.class);
jpa_core_EntityGraph_jar.addClass(com.sun.ts.tests.jpa.core.EntityGraph.Employee.class);
jpa_core_EntityGraph_jar.addClass(com.sun.ts.tests.jpa.core.EntityGraph.Employee2.class);
jpa_core_EntityGraph_jar.addClass(com.sun.ts.tests.jpa.core.EntityGraph.Employee3.class);
ear.addAsLibrary(jpa_core_EntityGraph_jar);
"

Scott

Back to the top