Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Plan to publish archives of TCK refactor modules to maven

On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 2:17 PM Alwin Joseph via jakartaee-tck-dev <jakartaee-tck-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Team,

As we have staged the new refactored versions of few standalone TCKs at [1], it has become a requirement to publish at least the common modules in tckrefactor [2] to maven repository.

Some of the common modules which would be used by other TCKs for execution are common, runtime, signaturetest and libutil among others.

Based on the past discussions it was agreed to use “jakarta.tck” as the groupID for the modules in platform TCK. The sigtest tool was released to maven at [3] using this groupid via [4] by Scott Stark.

  1. One of the primary questions that arises in this scenario is whether these common modules from the platform TCK need to be licenced with EFTL or EPL. Also do we have any other options for naming than “jakarta.tck”?
  2. Generally, we would also want to release TCK archives to maven which will be convenient for certification. Earlier we had published the Jakart REST TCK(3.1.4 for EE10) with EFTL to maven central at [5] after discussing the same in [6]. We would like to continue publishing EFTL TCK jars or archives to maven for other specifications as well.

Please share your thoughts.

[1] https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/jakartaee11/staged/eftl/

[2] https://github.com/jakartaee/platform-tck/tree/tckrefactor/

[3] https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/jakarta.tck