Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Seeking status on platform-tck 1184

Hi Ed,

On 10/16/23 3:54 PM, Edward Burns via jakartaee-tck-dev wrote:

Greetings Programs,

While doing some backlog grooming, I came across platform-tck-1184-remove-managed-beans.

I am asking for status.

We have not yet done enough of the Jakarta EE 11 TCK refactoring to release the EE 11 first milestone release.  The first milestone TCK release will be based on Jakarta EE 10 Specifications and will be tested against EE 10 implementations to prove that the refactored TCKs work correctly.

If this is blocked, how can I help unblock it?

We could use more help on the EE TCK refactoring as we should have volunteers for each of the different technologies.  The blocker for this though is that very few people understand the TCK tests that we are refactoring.  We will all be heavily rewarded when we complete the refactoring in that others will be able to better understand how to make TCK test changes.

Unrelated but I would like to bring attention to a recent TCK Process pull request change that I think the Specification committee will need to be mindful of when they contact the EE 11 Specification teams.  Each Specification team should be asked if they will deliver a separate EE TCK (by the last EE 11 wave.)  If the answer is no for any of the Specifications, I think a further change to be made to the TCK Process document to relax the requirements of where EE TCK tests are added.

Scott

Thanks,

Ed