Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [External] : Re: Is TCK compliance required by defautl?

Where is there a statement that says a project must pass an individual TCK out of the box?

The most I ever remember was this being a statement for platform and profile TCKs.

On Dec 8, 2021 at 1:59:25 PM, Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/8/21 8:56 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:

On 12/8/21 1:16 PM, Lukas Jungmann wrote:
> On 12/8/21 6:04 PM, Scott Stark wrote:
>> I believe this has been relaxed to effectively some configuration as
>> there is no discussion of this in the TCK process:
>> https://jakarta.ee/committees/specification/tckprocess/
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jakarta.ee/committees/specification/tckprocess/__;!!ACWV5N9M2RV99hQ!b26NLrg_lDo2FbedfEg1sB7MQVUtbO7oRp61i5676CjynH9BiQhyfWM_EztqHS42Q2M$>
>>
>> If the platform user guide says otherwise, I think that should be
>> changed.
>
> there are also standalone TCKs. Do you think it would make sense to
> make the "some configuration" explicit in the TCK process or is it
> expected that non-platform TCKs can define this differently?

Is this for new TCKs that we are creating?

no, see the background at: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jpa-api/pull/341

--lukas

For existing Standalone TCKs, we already have some variations between
configuration property names in the ts.jte files (e.g. typical pattern
is to have a `$technologyname.home` variable, such as `jaxws.home` or
`javaee.home`) which means we have defined this differently in the past.

Scott

> thanks,
> --lukas
>

>> On Dec 8, 2021 at 10:36:00 AM, Lukas Jungmann
>> <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>    under Java EE, there is/was the rule that to claim a compatibility,
>>> a product must pass TCKs in product's default configuration. Is there
>>> the same requirement to claim compatibility under Jakarta EE or was it
>>> relaxed to say "a product must pass TCK in _some_ configuration"? The
>>> question is about default vs some configuration of a product to pass
>>> TCK
>>> tests under Jakarta EE.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> --lukas