Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] How can we best make the EJB30 tests that use Corba optional but still require other non-Corba tests to be run?

On 2/16/21 3:22 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:

Hi,

Currently the only way to make Corba tests optional is to move the Corba tests into separate (test client) packages.  This is looking to be a likely longer path approach (messy/fragile/likely-to-break-something).

At this point, I think the quicker/easy to make changes would be:

1.  Introduce a new way to ignore the Corba tests that are contained with other tests, so that we do not have to refactor a lot of EJB abstract classes.  Perhaps via a system property setting that causes the Corba using tests to just return.

https://github.com/scottmarlow/jakartaee-tck/tree/corba_ejb contains some changes for #1.  We also will need documentation changes to describe how to update ts.jte to set the system property.  I'll verify that the ejb30 tests still pass (without the system property) via https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/jakartaee-tck-scottmarlow/job/corba_ejb with GlassFish.

The system property name is currently `TCKCorbaDisabled`.  Perhaps it would be better to use `DisableTCKCorbaUse`?

2.  Remove use of Corba which doesn't (best) meet the Platform requirement to have Corba be optional.

I didn't create a branch for this change but could if needed.

I'm leaning toward trying to explore #1 but am open to suggestions?  I'm not yet sure of where the system property would be set exactly and by whom.  I'm expecting that code like ResourceBeanBase#testOrb() [1] could return immediately if the (not yet named) system property indicates that Corba tests should be excluded.

Other ideas?

Scott

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/src/com/sun/ts/tests/ejb30/common/annotation/resource/ResourceBeanBase.java#L405

Back to the top