Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Your feedback please: Pulling together TCK Release Plan for Jakarta EE 9.1

Hi Ed,

Thanks for starting the discussion on the next release of the platform TCK. I believe a formal Jakartae EE 9.1.0 plan will come up later on.

Let me add my rough idea on what we would need to achieve for JDK11 support in next release of platform TCK.

1. Platform TCK build: We would need to build the platform TCK bundle using JDK11 (say jakarta-jakartaeetck-9.1.0.zip). We are trying the same now and getting some expected issues. I will update my findings on this. Scott reminded that we would need to target JDK8 bytecode generation to use the same platform TCK bundle to run in Java SE8.

2. Platform TCK run in jdk11:  When we are done with (1) above we would try out running the tests in JDK11. We would need glassfish bundle that can start in jdk11 to achieve this fully.

3. Platform TCK run  in jdk8 : When we are done with (1) above we would try out running the tests in JDK8. To run the  platform tck (built in jdk11) in jdk8 we would need to target jdk8 bytecode generation while building as we will be using the same platform TCK bundle to run tests in both jdk8 & jdk11.

Please feel free to comment/correct.

Regards,
Alwin