Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] What is the best way to replace remaining < EE 8 XSD schemas in the Platform TCK with EE 9 Schemas?

On 8/12/20 8:37 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
Hi,

Thanks Lukas for speaking up about the "< EE 8" schema references that are still in the Platform TCK tests [1]!

For the previous schema updates made for issue 266 [2], we did a global search/replace of the various XSD/namespace references and then did a separate update to correct some schema versions that were wrong.  This was a clumsy way to make the changes.

For example, with the Silversearcher tool, we did a find of references to web-facesconfig_1.2.xsd and used sed to actually to the search/replace (ag is faster at determining the files to update).

ag --ignore .git -l http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd| xargs sed -i 's/http:\/\/java.sun.com\/xml\/ns\/javaee\/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd/https:\/\/jakarta.ee\/xml\/ns\/jakartaee\/web-facesconfig_3_0.xsd/g'

At this point, I don't think it is important to use SilverSearcher as much as it is to do the search/replace with the fewest possible steps/tools and also have some confidence that the update is likely correct (we will have reviewers check the pull requests involved of course).

One risk of these schema changes is that we may see more failures if the EE 9 schemas are not used by all components that we are using for EE 9 testing.

Any suggestions on the best way to update the remaining Platform TCK tests to use EE 9 schemas for [2][1]?

Alwin is updating the JPA tests, I started updating older schema references in application.xml's in non-JPA tests (focusing on a sweep of the http://java.sun.com.*xsd references listed via [3].

If someone can search for other remaining < EE 8 schema references in the Platform TCK and add a new comment on [3] listing the ones you find, that is appreciated!

Thanks,
Scott

Thanks,
Scott