Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Url pattern github issue #110

Hi Olivier,

While investigating this issue we have observed as per Java Servlet specification of mappings in the web application deployment descriptor below syntax is used to define mappings:

■ A string beginning with a ‘/’ character and ending with a ‘/*’ suffix is used for path mapping.
■ A string beginning with a ‘*.’ prefix is used as an extension mapping.
■ The empty string ("") is a special URL pattern that exactly maps to the application's context root, i.e., requests of the form http://host:port//. In this case the path info is ’/’ and the servlet path and context path is empty string (““).
■ A string containing only the ’/’ character indicates the "default" servlet of the application. In this case the servlet path is the request URI minus the context path and the path info is null.
■ All other strings are used for exact matches only.

Since https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/src/com/sun/ts/tests/servlet/spec/security/secform/servlet_sec_secform_web.xml#L348 (as specified in the issue#110), below highlighted in red causing failure of the webapp with jetty.

<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>OneTestServletLogicalName</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/On*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
I have tried to fix this issue while following the java servlet specification rules for defining mapping with successful run. Please allow me sometime (by EOD) for testing and will update you with my findings.

Thanks,
Rohit Kumar Jain