[jakartaee-spec-project-leads] TCK queries

Hi,

I am in the middle of releases for Expression Language, WebSocket, Servlet and Server Pages.

I currently believe that each of the TCKs for the above specifications has been updated for Jakarta EE 11 and I have a CI that passes each of the TCKs. However, I am seeing a large amount of variation between TCK bundles hence these questions / clarifications.

I am assuming that all Jakarta EE TCKs are expected to have been refactored to use Maven/Arquillian.

1. What is the expected Java package name for the TCK tests?
Currently, I am seeing:
Expression Language
 com.sun.ts.tests.el.*
 com.sun.ts.tests.signaturetest.el
WebSocket
 com.sun.ts.tests.websocket
Servlet
 servlet.tck.*
Server Pages
 com.sun.ts.tests.jsp.*
 com.sun.ts.tests.signaturetest.jsp
 OR
 ee.jakarta.tck.pages

2. What are the expected Maven coordinates for TCK JARs?
Currently I am seeing:
Expression Language
  Group:    jakarta.tck
  Artifact: jakarta-expression-language-tck
WebSocket
  Group:    jakarta.tck
  Artifact: websocket-tck
            websocket-tck-common
            websocket-tck-spec-tests
Servlet
  Group:    jakarta.servlet
  Artifact: tck
            tck-runtime
            tck-util
Server Pages
  Group:    jakarta.tck
  Artifact: jakarta-pages-tck

3. Where are TCKs expected to be staged?
Currently I am seeing:
https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/jakartaee11/staged/eftl/
https://download.eclipse.org/jakartaee/
Nexus staging repos

4. Should the TCKs being used for releases have references to SNAPSHOT builds?
I see SNAPSHOT dependencies in the artifacts for WebSocket and Server Pages.

5. Where will refactored platform tests live?
I am aware that some of the TCK tests only apply when testing the web profile or the full profile. Some of the TCKs above still have (some of) these tests.

To summarise, the current level of variation is creating uncertainty and confusion as well as concern that some of the current release work may need to be re-done to correct issues with the TCKs.

I would very much like to get started on putting this right for the specs I am involved in. With that in mind, I would appreciate answers to the five questions above.

Kind regards,

Mark

Back to the top