[jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Component specification deadline pushed to Feb 28

Greetings specification project leads. We have missed the Dec 15 deadline, and no specification has completed final review, although several are close. From the current tracking spreadsheet used by the specification committee:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YTUpfdLZZrk2_UGwoX2w0seOCueRO3sQJIjWxpDAa7g/edit#gid=35969432

The following specifications have no draft PRs for final review, and they also have no updated status:

Jakarta Messaging 3.1
Jakarta Concurrency 3.0
Jakarta Persistence 3.1
Jakarta SOAP with Attachments 3.0
Jakarta WebSocket 2.1
Jakarta JSON Binding 3.0
Jakarta Authentication 3.0
Jakarta Authorization 2.1
Jakarta XML Binding 4.0
Jakarta XML Web Services 4.0
Jakarta Connectors 2.1

I'll be pinging the respective development lists to see if there is an update available.

We now are looking at a hard deadline of Feb 28 2022 for component specifications to release an update for EE10, or we will drop the update from EE10 and go with the EE 9.1 version.

If you need help finalizing tasks, ping myself or the jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx list. The Jakarta platform group will be looking to rotate available resources onto specification project tasks at the start of the year to help projects that need it.

Scott Stark
Red Hat
EE10 Release Coordinator

Back to the top