[jakartaee-spec-project-leads] FYI about GlassFish 6.0 weekly builds and the next release candidate...

Hi,

I heard that some SPEC teams may be waiting for GlassFish to have a new release candidate for 6.0. I haven't heard anything myself about a new GlassFish RC, so I asked about a release candidate on [1]. Steve responded [2] that we are waiting on passing the Platform TCK.

So if you are waiting for a GlassFish 6.0 release candidate to complete your SPEC API testing, that won't happen soon enough.

If your blocked on testing with a release candidate of GlassFish 6.0, please use the latest (but short lived) weekly GlassFish 6.0 build instead (e.g. glassfish-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT-2020-10-04.zip [3]), that is what we are using for testing the Platform TCK and standalone TCKs (generated from Platform TCK project).

After GlassFish 6.0 final release is available, the Platform TCK team will verify again that the Platform TCK + generated Standalone TCKS still pass with GlassFish 6.0 Final.

Lukas also mentioned an interesting comment about Annotations needing Weld 4.0.0.Beta2 [4]. That is probably interesting for others that also depend on Weld.

I hope that this note helps :-)

Scott

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/lists/glassfish-dev/msg00691.html
[2] https://www.eclipse.org/lists/glassfish-dev/msg00692.html
[3] https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/glassfish/weekly/glassfish-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT-2020-10-04.zip [4] https://mail.google.com/mail/u/2/#inbox/WhctKJVzhSlLpjCnQbLvrHSMkZLshsVWngJLVMwhcnLkMxTzsKLCwjQrZBBlGCsnBXCBsCl

Back to the top