Re: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Expectation for community notification when removing Platform TCK tests...

Scott,

In general, it depends on where the source of compatibility requirement originates. If it comes from a component specification, that API committer team should approve that the test is no longer required. If in doubt, I would recommend asking the Jakarta EE Platform committer team.

At the release, each component API committer team is responsible for their specification, their TCK, their API, their API Docs, and representing that a compatible implementation passes that TCK. The same is true for Jakarta EE Platform, but the scope there can be broader. In each case, we should presume that there was something in the Spec. that caused the compatibility test case to be generated, therefore, that initial assertion, should be reviewed (maybe it will need to be changed, maybe not). I realize that this won't always be a clear association.

My personal choice would be to file an issue with the API repository that you think is impacted. That API team should provide resolution via some overt action on that issue. That way, there's a trail that can be tracked, even if someone isn't subscribed at the time. If the issue requires a PR to implement a change in a repository, that can also be used, per the normal process, but sometimes the PRs will not in the same repository (i.e. if the TCK uses a separate repository).

Is this helpful?

-- Ed