[jakartaee-spec-project-leads] TCK signature files

I'm not sure what the right audience is for this message, so please forward
it to people who ought to know.

The files that contain the signatures for an API are typically named with
the API name, the API version number, and the version of the JDK they apply to.
In many cases, the TCK repository keeps signature test files for old versions
of the API.  To my knowledge, these old signature test files are never used.
At best they're kept "for reference".

In our recent Platform Project team meeting, we decided that these old, no
longer used, TCK signature files should be removed.  So, if you're updating
the TCK signature file for your new jakarta-ized TCK, please remove the old
"javax" TCK signature file.

Thanks.

Back to the top