Re: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Release to maven central job

> On Aug 30, 2019, at 3:28 PM, Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Romain is planning to do something similar with all the scripts used for the GlassFish jobs, which could then be shared by other implementation projects.
>
> Having more commonality between all these jobs would definitely be an improvement!  I just wish there was a way to share Jenkins job configuration so we didn't have to use images as below to explain how to configure a job.

There is a way to do it with a Jenkinsfile.

 - https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/jenkinsfile/

I tried to get that to work for the promotion job I setup, but ran into a DocumentationTooVagueException on the proper configuration to handle exposing the keyring and passphrase Eclipse gives.

However, if someone is extremely persistent and has the time for trial-and-error, 100% of the steps configured in the UI for a Job can be done via a Jenkinsfile.

Very hard to create them, but the reward is that to setup a job you just point a the Jenkinsfile in a git repo and 100% of everything else is taken care of and will automatically update when the file is updated.

-David