Re: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Handling Certification Requests

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 07:48, Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Here is some additional information regarding certification requests. It is the responsibility of the specification project to handle certification requests. Please make sure that your project members are on board with this and comfortable with handling these requests.

The complete documentation can be found in the Jakarta EE TCT Process Document, https://github.com/jakartaee/specification-committee/blob/master/process.adoc#jakarta-ee-tck-process-10.

You must verify that:
- the data is complete
- the number of tests passed is consistent with the first implementation used to validate the TCK
- the TCK version and digital fingerprint match.
- the test results are public and do not require special signup or viewing steps

If your project requires additional requirements for certification requests, you must verify these as well as described in your TCK documentation

In practice:
- Check that the links are correct
- Check that the version numbers are correct
- Check that the version is released. Does not need to be a final release, but cannot be a SNAPSHOT.
- Verify the SHA for the linked files
- Check that everything looks ok and that you are comfortable that the implementation meets your requirements

You don't have to
- Run the tests
- Verify that the results are accurate or true

Approval
- When the request has been reviewed and approved, close the issue with the label "accepted"
- The one closing the request issue should be someone else than the one that filed it

I would just like to verify something. Let's say I have a +1 from someone else and so the vote is carried, am I (as the person who opened the request issue) not supposed to close the issue with the accepted label?

I added the cerification label 12 days ago (the TCK results were merged to glassfish 12 days ago and available on the web at least 11 days ago). There is one +1 from Ed who is a committer as per https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j.jta/who

Is the 14 days from the point in time that point of adding the label on the certification issue, or does it start when all final artifacts (including TCK results) were published on the internet (e.g. does the 14 days reset each time a different TCK results was used)?

And at the end of the 14 days of creating the certification am I allowed to mark it accepted and close the issue or does someone else from the team have to do that? In other words, is it definitely _should_ regarding the caveat on the person closing the request or is it actually _must_.

Thanks!

Hope this helps!

Ivar