[jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Spec PR clarifications

As many of you have noticed, we're developing and refining this specification
approval process as we go.  Don't you love agile development?!?

I just wanted to clarify a few things that have come up recently...

- download link

Where the certification request and the specification _index.md page
ask for a link to the Compatible Implementation, we prefer a link to
a "download" or "release" page.  Preferably a page from which you can
find other documentation for the product and the TCK results.  Please
do not use a link directly to the jar or zip file for the product.  A
link to a top level project page is probably not direct enough.

For example, here's the download page for GlassFish:
https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/glassfish/download

A GitHub "Release" page would also be appropriate.

For specifications that are currently in ballot, we may update the links
later; please do not update them now.

For specifications that are not yet in ballot, please feel free to update
these links.  They can be updated after the ballot if needed.

- TCK zip file

The TCK zip files produced from the jakartaee-tck project that use the
EFTL license are named with an "eclipse-" prefix.  After some discussion
we agreed that a "jakarta-" prefix would be more appropriate.

We're *not* expecting any of the TCK zip files to be renamed at this
point; that would be too disruptive.  Instead, what we're going to do
when we sign the final versions and make them available at their final
download location under https://download.eclipse.org/jakartaee/ is to
provide two copies of the zip file, one with the "eclipse-*" name and
one with the "jakarta-*" name.  We'll do a bulk update of the
jakarta.ee/specification pages to change them to use the "jakarta-*"
name.

We recognize that there are URLs in the certification requests and the
TCK results pages that will use the "eclipse-*" URLs.  By providing the
zip files under both names, these URLs will continue to work.  They can
be updated later as desired.

Back to the top