[jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Fwd: Eclipse JNoSQL/Jakarta NoSQL status

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <otaviopolianasantana@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 9:14 AM
Subject: Eclipse JNoSQL/Jakarta NoSQL status
To: jnosql developer discussions <jnosql-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <nosql-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello, everyone, here some status at Eclipse JNoSQL:

We've moved the code and split between the specification and the implementation:

We have two companies that are using Eclipse JNoSQL on production:
  • V2COM
  • EJWA
  • A new Colombia company is coming :)

That show Agile methodology works even to create Specification; hopefully, the new Jakarta specifications use it more.

We have several articles in several languages that include:

  • Portuguese
  • English
  • Italian
  • Spanish
  • Even in Japanese

I'll be on several conferences in Latin America:

At the Jakarta One: https://jakartaone.org/ September 10, 2019

I'll be at Oracle One with two Hands-on Lab about integration between Apache Kafka with MongoDB using Jakarta NoSQL:
https://www.oracle.com/code-one/
Probably some JUG around California.

Furthermore, I'm preparing to be in Europe at Eclipse Conf.

https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2019/sessions/jakarta-ee-meets-nosql-cloud-age [approved]

And several Devoxx that is going to happen at this time:
  • Devvoxx Ukraine: November 1-2
  • Devvoxx Belgium: November 4-8
  • Devoxx Morocco: November 12, 13 & 14

I'm still waiting for a response from C4P.

As the next step on the specification, I would like to try a monthly meeting about the specification; I'll create a thread about it.

Thoughts?

--
Otávio Gonçalves de Santana

--