[jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Being a Compatible Implementation & Staged final TCK binary location

Ed gave me the link this morning and I immediately lost it.  Found it in my browser history, but I figure if it is as illusive to me, it likely is to others.

Here's where many (not all) of the proposed final TCKs are sitting.  Passing these means you can be considered one of the Compatible Implementations for that spec's Final Review.

I stress my words "means you can be considered", it doesn't mean you are.  The spec must go final making that TCK build official and the specification project must approve you.

You must be sure to file an issue in the spec project's issue tracker like this one:

Special note about potential confusion using Jakarta Mail as a reference, where it says "EE4J implementation of Jakarta Mail 1.6.4" this would normally be a completely distinct brand and project, such as GlassFish, Jetty, Jersey, Hibernate, etc.  That compatible implementation is responsible for file its own Certification Request and hosting its own TCK results.  Jakarta Mail happens to be both an API and an impl, so it can be confusing.  This won't be the case for the majority of specs.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Back to the top