From:        David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        JakartaEE Spec Project Leadership discussions <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/16/2019 10:56 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Draft PRs for releases due Friday,        July 19th
Sent by:        jakartaee-spec-project-leads-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

First, everyone's patience is appreciated as we're doing all this for the first time and doing a lot of ad-hoc process definition.

The way we're imagining specification projects would submit their spec to the Specification Committee for final review and vote is via PR to the
https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications repository.  The work is still being done, but this repo will be part of the jakarta.ee website and you PR will serve two purposes, one) to get the right materials up for review and vote as defined by the JESP 1.2 and TCK Process 1.0, but also two) get your specification release details up on https://jakarta.ee.

To get started we're asking each specification project to submit a draft PR similar to this one, by this Friday July 19th:

-
https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/4

The PR should either use the "draft" label or (preferably) using Githubs official "draft pr" feature:

-
https://help.github.com/en/articles/about-pull-requests#draft-pull-requests

This will allow your specification project to get live feedback from the Specification Committee and everyone while you build the materials required for the final vote.  Once all looks good and you're ready for final vote, change the status of the PR.

-
https://help.github.com/en/articles/changing-the-stage-of-a-pull-request

At this point, the Specification Committee will vote via approvals on the PR.  Once approved it will be merged and your final binaries signed and published to the download area.

Speaking as the person who volunteered to create the binary signing/publishing Jenkins job, I'm hopeful we can get the PR format consistent enough that it can be used as the only URL we need to feed to the Jenkins job and from there it has what it needs to do all the final process.  I doubt we'll get there day one, but hopefully we can evolve towards that goal.

ACTION ITEM:

 - Draft PR like this one:
https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/4
 - Due: Friday, July 19th