From: Ed Burns via jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Jakarta EE Platform Dev List <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [jakartaee-platform-dev] Safe to remove permissions.xsd?
Date: 07/09/2024 04:31:10 PM

Greetings Programs, With the removal of the Security Manager content from the Platform spec in commit fa33ec3, I believe the corresponding descriptor `permissions. xsd` can also be removed. This issue seeks to confirm with the community if this

Greetings Programs,

With the removal of the Security Manager content from the Platform spec in commit fa33ec3, I believe the corresponding descriptor `permissions.xsd` can also be removed.

This issue seeks to confirm with the community if this schema can be removed.

Note that Ivar's XSD spreadsheet has a red box for this one.

To jog your memory, here is a compliant XML file.

<permissions xmlns=https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee

             xmlns:xsi=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
             xsi:schemaLocation=https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee/permissions_10.xsd
             version="10">