[jakartaee-platform-dev] JPMS Module Info classes

"It is desired to firm up these suggestions into requirements. Several discussions via Issues, Mailing Lists, and the Platform call have resulted in these requirements for Jakarta EE 11."

 - https://jakartaee.github.io/jakartaee-platform/jakartaee11/JakartaEE11ReleasePlan

The last agreement I recall is that the module-infos are there for convenience and are not standard or requirements of the specification:

 - https://github.com/jakartaee/jakartaee-platform/issues/425
 - https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jakartaee-platform-dev/msg02906.html

We have this in section 13.3 of the EE 10 specification:

    "The contents of module-info.class files are not standard,
    portable, may change without notice and there is no requirement
    around testing of JPMS in API jar signature tests or TCKs. Vendors
    are free to create their own API jars that pass the signature
    tests, but include no JPMS module-info.class files or JPMS
    module-info.class files with different or conflicting contents."

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Back to the top