Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [BALLOT] Include Jakarta MVC in EE 11

+1 from me.

MVC is so widespread and moves the platform forward vs. spring (again :)

On Jul 31, 2023, at 9:51 PM, Edward Burns via jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Microsoft votes 0 for inclusion of Jakarta MVC in EE 11.

Microsoft believes it is important Jakarta MVC remains competitive as
a standalone part of the overall platform. We don't want to require it
now but we believe it could be a very important addition when industry
trends continue to bring server-side rendering back into favor.

Microsoft would like to see some text in the platform
specification, ideally near or in the existing "6.1.3 Optional
Technologies" section, that introduces a concept of "most favored
specification" status (name TBD) and grants this status to MVC. The
specifics of this status are also TBD, but the basic idea would be
take the opportunity of officially using the Jakarta EE brand to
promote other Jakarta EE specs.

I will start another thread to discuss this idea.

Ed

| edburns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | office: +1 954 727 1095
| Calendar Booking: https://aka.ms/meetedburns
|
| Please don't feel obliged to read or reply to this e-mail outside
| of your normal working hours.
|
| Reply anonymously to this email: https://purl.oclc.org/NET/edburns/contact

This email indicates the start of the fourteen calendar day ballot for inclusion of Jakarta MVC in EE 11. If you wis to review the DISCUSS thread, here it is:

I look forward to your votes!

Thanks,