Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: Seeking 1:1 with Scott Stark to get wave list into steady state (Betriebsfähigwellebeschreibungausgabe)

On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 3:31 PM Arjan Tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 at 12:34, Ladislav Thon <lthon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That would be very hostile to the existing AtInject implementations like Guice or Dagger. (Guice is actually based on `jakarta.inject` since their version 7.0, see https://github.com/google/guice/wiki/Guice700, Dagger seems to be still discussing this).

That's interesting, since as far as I know, we forked AtInject. The "real" JSR 330 has never changed. It seems Guice has then switched from the real one, to the forked one (ours)?

That seems correct, yes.

And it doesn't surprise me a tiny bit that people consider Jakarta Dependency Injection a natural successor to JSR 330.

LT

Back to the top