[jakartaee-platform-dev] about Virtual Threads in Jakarta EE 11

Hi all,

I watched the video of the Jakarta EE Monthly Platform Architecture Call on February 7th. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD1ecWJMljY

According to my understanding, current application servers use the NIO framework to handle network requests, for example, glassfish uses grizzly. When Virtual Threads is introduced, it will have a big impact on the implementation architecture of existing application servers. Glassfish will abandon grizzly and re-implement it with a blocking API.

It seems that this meeting did not discuss how Jakarta EE 11 will use Virtual Threads. I would like to know what the working group thinks about it. Thanks!

Best regards,

mazhen

Back to the top