Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Re: Simplifying the platform by merging some specs?

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 8:50 AM Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The only gain I see is to make the release smoother.

The gain I see is also for the user, who can start using just "JSON" or "Security". As mentioned, users have been asking me time and again why Jakarta EE has 3 different security frameworks, while Spring just has "Spring Security".

Partially it's also a matter or presententing ourselves to our users and organizing our documentation, but documentation typically follows the spec/API organisation.

Just as an example, this one is overwhelming and confusing to users it seems: https://jakarta.ee/specifications

The response I got was, as mentioned, "why are there 3 security frameworks?", but also "why are there 2 dependency injection frameworks?" and "Why are there two JSON frameworks?".

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top