Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Re: : Re: The location of module-info.java and muti release jar

Ok, gracias.

On Oct 8, 2021 at 12:23:47 PM, Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/8/21 6:33 PM, Scott Stark wrote:
The dependency injection-api and bean-validation are also widely used
outside of Jakarta containers and would want to keep SE 8 support. So it
seems like we want to have api jars not making feature changes compiled
with source/target of 8 with a root module-info.class compiled with
source/target of 9 rather than using a multi-release jar.

So I see the following from the maven-compiler page:
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/module-info.html
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/module-info.html__;!!ACWV5N9M2RV99hQ!aQd3WGbeAEgIQGVM-KOz6QwuKbKdxa_sYq7-T41MCncoA7fZkHaWtXUbjmgSx8j8lko$>

Which has two explicit executions specified. I tried out the JAF api
build which is producing the same output, but it only has one execution
explicitly stated:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaf/blob/master/api/pom.xml
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaf/blob/master/api/pom.xml__;!!ACWV5N9M2RV99hQ!aQd3WGbeAEgIQGVM-KOz6QwuKbKdxa_sYq7-T41MCncoA7fZkHaWtXUbjmgSv84QNHM$>

Running in verbose mode I do see two executions of the compiler running,
just not sure how that is happening.

that's maven, the convention over configuration.... Short answer would
be that the execution with id `default-compile` runs even if undefined.
https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-default-execution-ids.html
gives more details.

To see the full pom with applied interpolation, inheritance and active
profiles maven will run and not its shortened version written by human
beings, use `mvn help:effective-pom`

thanks,
--lukas

Back to the top