Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Re: module-info tests

On 10/8/21 2:21 AM, Scott Stark wrote:
But what has been argued by advocates of adding the module-info is that there are runtimes supporting JPMS and Jakarta API jars that cannot make use of tools like jlink because that does not work with automatic modules. To me a compromise is to add the module-info.class, validate it in the spec api jars, but don't test for it via signature or TCK tests.

with activation-tck on JDK 11 I'm able to get:

[javatest.batch] PASSED........javasoft/sqe/tests/api/jakarta/activation/URLDataSource/getURL_Test.java#getURL_Test [javatest.batch] PASSED........javasoft/sqe/tests/api/jakarta/activation/URLDataSource/URLDataSource_Test.java#URLDataSource_Test
[javatest.batch] PASSED........com/sun/tdk/signaturetest/SignatureTest.java
[javatest.batch] Oct 8, 2021, 2:50:58 AM Finished executing all tests, wait for cleanup... [javatest.batch] Oct 8, 2021, 2:50:58 AM Harness done with cleanup from test run.
[javatest.batch] Total time = 30s
[javatest.batch] Setup time = 0s
[javatest.batch] Cleanup time = 0s
[javatest.batch] Test results: passed: 90

and tests themselves are being executed with having jakarta.activation-api.jar on the module path and angus-activation.jar on the classpath (note that I have it quick and dirty just to try it out...). In this setup simple assertEquals("jakarta.activation", DataSource.class.getModule().getName()) in arbitrary test passes. But I agree that activation is probably the simplest one to test this way as it has no dependencies. Another drawback is that this does not cover having the implementation on the module path as well - that is out of scope for EE 10, I believe.

thanks,
--lukas