[jakartaee-platform-dev] Discussion - adding or not adding MVC to Web Profile

Hi,

I know there have been some previous discussions around adding the MVC specification to the Jakarta EE Web Profile.

I wanted to start this discussion again and voice my concerns about adding it.

My main concern with adding MVC to the Web Profile or any Profile is I don't have a good handle on the adoption of this in the EE community. In my opinion, it would be best to leave it as a stand-alone specification and revisit adding it to a Profile in a future release depending on the adoption rate and demand from the Jakarta EE community.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Regards,

Paul Nicolucci

Back to the top