Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Release profiles independently

I would suggest that the profile versions align on major/minor versions of the specs they aggregate. When profiles share the same major/minor version of a spec, they have the same 'platform' major/minor. There certainly can be gaps. This would be a possible timeline:

ProfileX has release 10.0 including S1-3.1, S2-5.1, S3-4.0
ProfileX has release 10.1 including S1-3.2, S2-5.1, S3-4.1
Profile Web which extends ProfileX is released with an additional S4-1.0 and is versioned at 10.1.

There still could be Jakarta EE 10 releases that include 10.x revisions of the various profiles if that made sense and was worth the effort. The major issue with actually including all profiles in some timebox that might be triggered by the release of any profile is that work needed to run compatible implementations through the platform/profile TCKs. Just doing this for the sake of having complete releases ala the releases of old does not seem relevant or sustainable.