Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Prune EJB Embeddable Container?

Sounds reasonable, thanks.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 4:15 PM Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This idea of pruning the EJB Embeddable Container has generated great discussion, with even more ideas of how EJBs in general should evolve in favor of CDI.  Since these ideas are going beyond anything we could contain in Jakarta EE 9, I'm going to remove this idea of pruning the EJB Embeddable Container from Jakarta EE 9.  We can continue the discussion, but I'm going to take it off the table for Jakarta EE 9 content.

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

From:        "Kevin Sutter" <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "jakartaee-platform developer discussions" <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        11/21/2019 09:39
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [jakartaee-platform-dev] Prune EJB Embeddable Container?
Sent by:        jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
This idea came up during our IBM discussions relating to the Pruning Vote that Steve initiated.  What about the EJB Embeddable Container?  We provide one because the Spec requires it, but we have no customers using it (that we know of anyway).  Is the pruning of the EJB Embeddable Container something we could also put out for a Vote?  Or, is our customer usage an anomaly and there is industry interest in this artifact?  Thanks!

https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jakartaee-platform-dev