Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace

Firstly, let me say this is a very well-written email. In order to better inform some of my own thoughts on this, I started a Twitter poll: https://twitter.com/reza_rahman/status/1124827840652939269. The results of the poll are very clear thus far but it will end in five days. In my experience, the polls are usually well stabilized by around 500-1000 input points. So far I have 600+ input points and here are the results:

* 21% - Keep as long as possible
* 64% - Ditch as soon as possible
* 13% - Not sure yet
* 02% - Other (please comment?)

I am happy to say this coincides with my own thoughts and the few customers I have had an opportunity to speak to about this personally. The thinking reflects the trade-offs already mentioned here so there is no productive purpose in repeating them. I therefore am voting for Proposal 1.

I urge that the Eclipse Foundation do a poll similar to mine - perhaps using the text here as the poll opener. While people care a great deal, they have busy lives. I suspect we won't get 600 response emails here. Hopefully the Eclipse Foundation will get thousands of responses to a poll. If that is really not something we wish to do, I would appreciate at least retweeting my tweet. For me, there is unquestionable value in a decision like this getting the broadest input possible.

Below are additional responses. I am removing extra text for brevity.