[jakartaee-examples-dev] New Contributors Seeking Guidance on Tutorial/Example Development

Dear Jakarta EE community,
My colleague and I are new contributors eager to assist with the Jakarta EE project. We've reviewed the existing tutorials and examples, and we're looking for guidance on how we can best contribute. We're considering two main options:
  • Developing tutorials: We could create tutorials for APIs that already have tutorials or for the ones which lack tutorials.
  • Creating an elaborate example: We're planning to build a web application showcasing an LLM chatbot using langchain4j (highlighting cdi, WebSockets, persistence, etc).
Our primary goal is to contribute in a way that's most beneficial to the Jakarta EE project and community. We're open to suggestions and would greatly appreciate your input on:
  • Which option (tutorials or elaborate example) would be more valuable at this time?
  • If tutorials, are there specific APIs or areas that need more coverage?
  • If an elaborate example, would the LLM chatbot concept be useful, or is there another type of application that would better demonstrate Jakarta EE capabilities?
Thank you for your time and guidance. We're excited to contribute and learn from this community.

Best regards,
Jawahar Babu Selvaraj

Back to the top