[jakartaee-examples-dev] Non Jakarta/Java libraries

Hi,

I was told that in a submission I wish to make I needed to drop log4j in favour of java.util.logging as the goal is to use Jakarta/Java in the examples. When I look through the pom file I see Arquillian and other external dependencies. As a teacher I advise my students to avoid jul. I can easily make my examples compliant but I’d just like to know what the specific issue is with log4j? It is an Apache project and there are other Apache components in the pom file.

Ken

Back to the top