[jakartabatch-dev] TCK staged; proceeding with jbatch certification & release review

So thanks to Ondro’s work the last couple of weeks we were able to succeed in providing both a Servlet & EJB execution context for the TCK tests, and, (as you saw in the last email) are now able to finally remove the Batch tests from the Platform TCK and rely exclusively on the Batch TCK for both Batch-only & Platform certification!    This is great because it avoids us having to double-deliver tests and also learn the mechanics of a whole separate project (the Platform TCK one).   So thanks to Romain for some of the ideas way back and Ondro for all the Arquillian + Junit 5 integration work to make this happen !

The 2.1.0 TCK (you might call it a “release candidate” though it’s versioned simply as “2.1.0”) is now released to the Jakarta staging repo:

https://jakarta.oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/jakartabatch-1021/

I’m planning to go right ahead and get started writing up the ‘jbatch’ certification request (as 2.1.0-compatible implementation) and get the release review PR going as soon as possible, probably today.

(Our spec PR is: https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/438)

If anyone is looking to help review, the biggest need I’d say would be in the TCK guide especially the description of actually running the tests

https://jakarta.oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/jakartabatch-1021/jakarta/batch/jakarta.batch.official.tck/2.1.0/jakarta.batch.official.tck-2.1.0.zip

E.g. for those that have never run the new TCK before, are the instructions plus included samples enough to figure out how?

Some highlights of the TCK changes for 2.1.0:

  • Now entirely Maven-based execution (no longer Ant-based)
  • Runtime tests moved from TestNG->Junit 5
  • SE runtime tests done via two failsafe executions– one has a separate classpath config with an app-level JobOperator Bean
  • Platform tests now entirely done within our standalone TCK, via Arquillian + Junit 5 extensions (required Arquillian adapter for target runtime)
  • EE runtime tests done via four failsafe executions– (2 = one for each of web/ejb context execution) x ( the two classpath variations from SE)
  • Signature tests more well-defined, now via sigtest-maven-plugin
  • Added “sample” TCK runner modules for SE/EE runtime execution & sigtest execution

Thanks,

Scott Kurz

Back to the top