Re: [jakartabatch-dev] EE 10 Platform TCK + Jakarta Batch TCK testing...

My general thought discussing this, e.g. the thread at:  https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jakartabatch-dev/msg00196.html  has been that the Platform TCK should remove its tests, and add a process/documentation reference "go run the Batch TCK in EE mode".

Though I guess it depends on when we're trying to close down the final release of the Platform TCK.

From the Batch perspective, we were still planning on adding a few Batch+CDI integration tests this month, but if the Platform TCK needs to finalize sooner, well, I understand we're pushing up against the target dates here.

Scott Kurz
WebSphere / Open Liberty Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for "Scott Marlow" ---11/04/2021 12:04:29 PM---As per vehicle.properties#L264 [1], the Platform TCK curre"Scott Marlow" ---11/04/2021 12:04:29 PM---As per vehicle.properties#L264 [1], the Platform TCK currently runs the  Batch Transaction tests wit

From: "Scott Marlow" <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "jakartabatch developer discussions" <jakartabatch-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/04/2021 12:04 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [jakartabatch-dev] EE 10 Platform TCK + Jakarta Batch TCK testing...
Sent by: "jakartabatch-dev" <jakartabatch-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

As per vehicle.properties#L264 [1], the Platform TCK currently runs the Batch Transaction tests with Servlet, JSP + EJB test vehicles [2].

I had hoped that for EE 10, the Platform TCK would be able to switch to use Maven + Arquillian in a way to handle [2] but that seems likely to not make it into the Jakarta EE 10 Platform TCK.

Question, for EE 10, how should EE implementations verify that Batch works with their Web + EJB containers as per [3] requirements (Batch has a `yes` in table 2 for Web + EJB)?

Should we keep the current Batch tests in the Platform TCK for EE 10 to validate the [3] requirements for Batch?

Scott

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/install/jakartaee/other/vehicle.properties#L264
[2] "com/ibm/jbatch/tck/tests = web ejb"
[3]
https://jakarta.ee/specifications/platform/9.1/jakarta-platform-spec-9.1.html#a2161_______________________________________________
jakartabatch-dev mailing list
jakartabatch-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx