[jakartabatch-dev] Update on Batch 2.1 Plan Review: CDI integration + TCK update + anything else

UPDATE:     I refreshed the 2.1 plan review text to build on the last couple weeks' discussion and simply require CDI integration.

Feel free to check out the wording here:  https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/381  or: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j.batch/releases/2.1.0

(I am a bit confused since it says the balloting was ready to start before my last change, but I'm assuming that will all be cleared up, and we should see the plan review ballot shortly).

So as I see it, Jakarta Batch  2.1 is shaping up to be:
*  CDI integration
* Standalone TCK rework (Ondro's refactor to JUnit 5, etc.)
* anything else someone has time to drive to completion

Just want to emphasize that "anything else" point.

While, yes, we have the wish list:  https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/batch-api/milestone/1 , at the current pace it's not clear what if any of these will be completed.  I don't mean to be negative, just to point out no one can really take any of these for granted.
Completing any of those will be highly dependent on people interested and able to spend time working on these items in order to finalize them for each of the three:   spec, TCK, jbatch impl.

Scott Kurz
WebSphere / Open Liberty Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx