Re: [jakartabatch-dev] 2.1 Plan Review PR - Review Ballot to follow

Thanks Michael for sharing this update.

I'm going to re-draft the Plan Review then to simply note that we will be defining a required   CDI integration, unless we hear other objections.

I think this makes a lot of sense.   In addition to the value to the users who can now more simply expect that Jakarta Batch comes with Jakarta CDI integration like the rest of the Jakarta platform...it's also a significant simplification for the spec maintainers (us).
Managing this divergence is a non-trivial effort and will let us focus on function and the rest of the project.

A potential downside though is losing some of your contributions.

Not trying to be overdramatic nor trying to kick you off the list :), as always we welcome your expertise and opinions going forwards.

But let me take a quick moment to stop and thank Michael, VMWare, and all who've contributed their contributions, ideas, time, careful review and the like to JSR 352 and Jakarta Batch, and playing such a key role in the project so far.
I feel like this deserves more than a footnote in a reply thread but coming off a long weekend that's all I've got at the moment :)

I will also stop and pass around some credit to all of us who have been involved in this DI vs CDI discussion going back.   It has always been a tricky issue to handle, but I think this forum has always handled it civilly, and transparently as possible, and have served as an example of a polar opposite to plenty of negative technology discussions we've probably all seen.     So thanks to all who've helped keep it this way.

Scott Kurz
WebSphere / Open Liberty Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Michael Minella ---06/01/2021 09:17:28 AM---All, Thanks for this. A couple notes:Michael Minella ---06/01/2021 09:17:28 AM---All, Thanks for this. A couple notes: