Re: [jakartabatch-dev] GitHub milestones for EE 10 , Batch 2.1 (tentative)

It’s a tough call. As such, the CDI features would not break backwards compatibility in the sense that it is defined in the platform: https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/jakartaee-platform/CompatibilityRequirements.

The changes slated are interesting enough, but probably not significant enough to warrant being a major release. Maybe if there are more substantive feature changes it could warrant being considered major other than essentially CDI and Java SE version alignment.

Reza Rahman