[jakartabatch-dev] Remote start / submit of Java-defined jobs?

I wanted to call out a point on the ML here, on the Java-defined job: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/batch-api/issues/109

Are we just looking to provide an API to dynamically construct a job and then go and immediately execute it?

I'm sure that'd be useful. I mean to say, are we ALSO looking to provide an API to "register" the job by name so that it could be easily invoked later, by name and job params, for example?

Using the existing interface for starting an XML-defined job:
start(String jobXMLName, Properties jobParameters)
it's certainly easy to expose that remotely.

I haven't looked at the existing implementations and their approaches yet.

But wondering what people were thinking this would look like?

Scott Kurz
WebSphere / Open Liberty Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx