Re: [jakartabatch-dev] whitespace / formatting

Here's a working POM section for what I described earlier:

Martijn

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 4:43 PM Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At $$$ company we have automatic enforcement of formatting by importing the company settings into Eclipse through a resource bundle. I think the scout project copied our approach and made a maven plugin just for this.

For a project that is open source, forcing eclipse might be a bridge too far (even though we're at the Eclipse Foundation).

That said, picking a standard that is implemented across the different IDE's and enforcing that through
- default settings that can be imported at the project level
- a checkstyle plugin
would be good.

While I don't haveĀ a love for the sun coding standards, I think those are widely supported across IDEs.

Martijn